I'm a PhD candidate at Drexel University studying Computer Science where I work at the intersection AI, Machine Learning, and games. When I'm not working on research, I can be found working on personal projects, playing games, and exercising.
I did my undegraduate B.S in Computer Science and M.S. in Computer Science at Drexel University. For my undergraduate studies, I focused on Artifical Intelligence, Systems, and Algorithms. I also did a minor in Computer Engineering.
If you're interested in contacting me, I can be reached at p k three hundred ninty eight AT drexel DOT edu
Random Interesting Facts
- I own a giant collection of items related to the Pokemon Pichu (ranging from Pokemon cards to plushies)
My research interests lie at the intersection of machine learning, planning, plan and goal recognition, and games. My current research looks at applying machine learning techniques for automatically generating hierarchical plan models for domain-configurable planning and plan recognition from training data. Specifically I focus on learning Combinatory Categorial Grammars (CCGs) for planning and plan recognition in games.
Here is my Curriculum Vitae. Feel free to take a look!
- Manousakis, Kyriakos, et al., Torrent-Based Dissemination in Infrastructure-Less Wireless Networks Journal of Cyber Security 4: 1-22.
- Christopher Geib, Janith Weerasinghe, Sergey Matskevich, Pavan Kantharaju, Ronald P. A. Petrick, and Bart Craenen, Building Helpful Virtual Agents Using Plan Recognition and Planning, Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment (AIIDE) 2016, pp.162-168, 2016.
- Christopher Geib and Pavan Kantharaju, Learning Combinatory Categorial Grammars for Plan Recognition In Proceedings of the Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2018, 2018.
- Pavan Kantharaju, Santiago Ontañón, Christopher Geib, µCCG, a CCG-based Game-Playing Agent for µRTS, In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games (CIG) 2018, 2018
- Pavan Kantharaju, Katelyn Alderfer, Jichen Zhu, Bruce Char, Brian Smith and Santiago Ontañón Tracing Player Knowledge in a Parallel Programming Educational Game, In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment (AIIDE) 2018, 2018
- Pavan Kantharaju, Santiago Ontañón, Christopher Geib, Extracting CCGs for Plan Recognition in RTS Games, In Proceedings of Workshop on Knowledge Extraction in Games 2019, 2019
- Pavan Kantharaju, Santiago Ontañón, Christopher Geib, Scaling up CCG-Based Plan Recognition via Monte-Carlo Tree Search, In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Games 2019, 2019
Research CodeI'm currently in the process of opening up my research code to the public. I'll update this section as that happens.
Research DatasetsI'm currently in the process of opening up my research datasets to the public. I'll update this section as that happens.
In my spare time, I like to work on side projects. Many of these side projects are aimed for learning about different research concepts or technologies. I'll be making these public when I get the chance!